Master of Science in Information Science
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC.
COMPUTING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- SAS 9, including completion of SAS Programming I, II, and macro courses at SAS Institute.
- OpenRefine data cleansing and reconciliation software.
- Tableau data visualization software
- Blender and Tinkercad shapefile (.stl) creation and validation software.
- Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Server 2003, Server 2008, 7, 10), Linux, Mac OS X/macOS.
- Bash scripting.
- Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Compressor, iMovie, GarageBand.
- Databases: MySQL, FileMaker Pro.
- Microsoft Office.
- Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Premier and After Effects.
- Innovative Interface’s Millennium integrated library system.
- OCLC’s Worldshare Management Services
Carol Grotnes Belk Library, Elon University
Key Responsibilities and Achievements:
- Provide leadership, direction and technical expertise for the library’s technology infrastructure and systems to ensure access to library resources.
- Serve as the library’s primary liaison with Instructional and Campus Technologies in communicating and resolving library technology needs and solutions.
- Advise, consult and mentor library staff in their use of technology, provide regular and on-demand training, and seek to make library staff independent and proficient users of technology. Assist library staff with special technology projects.
- As a faculty librarian, share in weekend and evening reference responsibilities, contribute to library committees and activities, and participate in university governance.
- Co-managed, with Cataloging Librarian Shannon Tennant, the migration from Innovative Interfaces’ Millennium to OCLC’s WMS ILS.
- Using SAS and OpenRefine I exported, cleaned, and standardized Millennium patron, item, and bibliographic records.
- Redesigned, with Emerging Technologies Librarian Vicki Siler, the Belk Library web site.
Technical Support Analyst
April 2008-June 2014
- Website updates and maintenance.
- Restructured the Media Resources Center’s website to a more CSS dependent version.
- Created a PHP/MySQL page to look up equipment reservations by patron name.
- Managed the integration of the Media Resources Center’s film database with Endecca, the primary catalog web interface.
- Supervised 30+ student assistants, primarily as the evening supervisor.
- Supervised and trained the MRC’s temporary research assistant.
- Provided training and support for faculty, staff and students with media creation in the digital media lab.
- Taught fundamental video editing with Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro.
- Taught patrons how to set up and access their University web accounts via ssh and/or sftp.
- Provided research assistance at the R.B. House Undergraduate Library reference desk.
- Provided training and support for faculty and students in the Undergraduate Library’s Design Lab.
- Taught fundamental Photoshop and scanning skills.
- Taught basic Virtual Lab (Citrix) access and setup.
- Created tab-delimited datasets from III Millennium, import them into SAS, and perform data cleaning and analysis.
- Centralized processing of new media.
- Gathered metadata, often in multiple languages, in preparation for copy or original cataloging.
- In-house production of labels and cases to make media shelf-ready.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.
Associate Programmer Analyst
- Performed complex, integrated computer programming and software development for clinical data applications, to include maintenance of existing systems and research/development for future enhancements.
- Designed, coded, tested and documented SAS programs for dataset creation, data analysis, data conversion/transfer, graphic production, and project reporting.
- Assisted in analyzing statistical programming needs in project proposals and guided project personnel in formulating appropriate data requirements; recommend optimum approach and developed SAS programs for approved projects.
User Interface Design Intern
- Conducted usability studies on prototype SAS interfaces.
- Learned SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Assisted in collection of contacts for User Interface project.
R.B. House Undergraduate Library
Graduate Research Assistant
- Identify, search for, and add full-text reserves articles from subscribed databases to the Docutek e-reserves system.
- Conduct instructional modules on document scanning and full-text linking for faculty Blackboard training sessions.
- Conduct training workshops with students, faculty, and staff on using Refworks web-based bibliographic management software.
- Assisted in the creation of the LinkGuide, a pathfinder that details the steps needed to create permanent links to articles in subscribed electronic databases.
- Supervise the library’s collaborative computer lab, including assisting users with software and scanner issues.
- Collection development.